Raspberry & Chocolate Cruffin
500g Churchill strong white flour
55g caster sugar
15g dried yeast
140g whole milk
250g unsalted butter for laminating
- Make the cruffin dough: Mix all the ingredients until just combined. Try not to overwork the dough at this stage or it will be impossible to roll out later. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate overnight (12 hours)
- Laminating: roll butter into an 18cm square. Roll cruffin dough into a rectangle big enough to encase the butter block. Roll into a 60cm by 20cm rectangle. Fold into thirds and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Repeat rolling and folding process twice more to create buttery flaky layers.
- Shaping: after final fridge rest roll the dough out to 60cm long and 20cm wide. Cut 5cm strips to make 12 cruffins. Roll up into cylinders and place in muffin tins. Prove for 2/3 hours until fluffy and jiggly.
- Bake: 190 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Fill with chocolate crème patissière & raspberries or whatever you fancy. Lemon curd is super delicious as well.
Thank you to Jessica for another fabulous recipe to see more of Jessica’s bakes you can check out her Instagram @messyjessy_bakes.