Regenerative Buttery Batch Brioche Rolls
470g All-purpose Regenerative White Flour
7g Dried Yeast (1 sachet)
80g Butter (unsalted, at room temperature)
10g Fine Salt
3 Tbsp Sugar
- Baker: Sophie Carey
- Makes: 12 rolls
- Prep time: 20 minutes (plus 2 hours of proving time)
- Bake time: 30 minutes
- Flours used: All Purpose Regenerative White Flour
- In a saucepan, warm the water and milk over a low heat until lukewarm. Off heat, add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Add the yeast and stir, then set aside and leave to bloom for 5 minutes
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, pour over the milk and water mixture and mix on a slow speed until incorporated. Add the eggs and mix for a further 5 minutes until a sticky dough forms
- Turn the speed up to a medium/high setting and start adding the butter, a tablespoon at a time. Continue mixing until the butter is incorporated and the dough is silky - it won’t be dry but shouldn’t leave dough behind in the mixer
- Shape into a smooth ball and leave in a covered place for 1 hour to prove - you may want to leave it in a warm spot (like your airing cupboard)
- Once the dough has doubled in size, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces. Shape the pieces into rolls by tucking the messy side into itself, as if you’re trying to turn the dough pieces inside out
- Place the rolls snugly into a prepared square cake tin - there shouldn’t be much room for growth in the tin. Cover and leave to rise again for a further hour, at this point you should preheat the oven to 180°C
- Once the rolls have doubled in size again (they should now be filling the tin well), gently brush the top with an eggwash before baking for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Turn out of the tin and cool on a wire rack before enjoying with extra butter!
For more tips and tricks to make the most of your All-Purpose Flour in the UK, check out our new All-Purpose Flour Section here now!
Buttery Batch Brioche Rolls Recipe
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get new recipes as soon as they go live!