1. Sieve the flour with spices, baking powder and soda.
2. Mix your sugar and desiccated coconut with your flour mix.
3. Whisk all of the wet ingredients together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, slowly minimising the risk for lumps.
5. Lastly add the grated carrot and chopped stem ginger, mix well.
6. Bake at 165 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Whipped Orange “Cream cheese” frosting
- 200g Vegan creme cheese - I used Violife
- 100g icing sugar
- 1x orange zested
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
Whip all of the ingredients together until light and fluffy, for about 2 minutes
Decorate with toasted coconut shavings, fresh orange segments, chopped stem ginger, tempered chocolate (optional)