- Melt the butter and add the sugar, syrups and spices.
- Bring up to a boil
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Add the flour and baking soda, mix well
- Let chill for a couple of hours or over night
- Roll out to desired thickness, cut in to shapes and bake at 160 degrees for 5-8 minutes.
- Once cooled decorate with royal icing
- 3x egg whites
- 600g icing sugar
- 1tsp lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth
- Place in to a piping bag
- Decorate your gingerbread
Thank you to Julia for the recipe!
If you want to see more please visit her Instagram.