Wholemeal Pancakes with Date Syrup
1 cup Matthews Cotswold YQ Flour
1 cup Matthews Cotswold Organic Plain Flour
50g demerara sugar
50g unsalted butter, melted
300ml full-fat milk
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Baker: Gabriella Morelli
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Flours used: Matthews Cotswold YQ, Matthews Cotswold Organic Plain
- Place the flours, cinnamon, sugar and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs, milk and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Heat up a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heath.
- For each pancake, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto the pan. You should be able to fit 2-3 pancakes at the time.
- Cook until the surface of the pancakes starts to bubble then flip with the help of a spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh blackberries and blueberries and some date syrup drizzled on top.