Prep time: 20 mins, plus 10 mins to decorate
Bake time: 15 mins
Makes: 12-14 slices
Flour used: oat blended flour
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Grease and line three 7 inches round tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, oil, sugar, milk, carrots and lemon zest and mix with an electric whisk, until everything is blended.
- Add the flours and baking powder and mix until well combined.
5.Divide the mixture between the three tins and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean.
- Turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- In the meantime prepare the frosting. Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer for a few mins.
- Once the sponges are completely cooled down, assemble and decorate the cake.
- Transfer the cake to the fridge for a few hours before serving.