Chocolate Cream Tart Cake
350g Matthews Cotswold Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
40g cacao powder
250g unsalted butter, cold
140g icing sugar
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
500g mascarpone cheese
350g chocolate spread
Prep time: 20 mins, plus 30 mins chilling
Bake time: 12 mins
Flour used: Plain
- Add the flour, cacao powder, icing sugar, salt and butter to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Add the eggs and process until a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Roll out the dough on greaseproof baking paper.
6. Cut three 18cm disks, 0.8 mm thick.
- Bake for 10-12 mins.
- Make the frosting by simply beating together the mascarpone cheese and chocolate spread. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe the frosting over the first biscuit, then gently place the second biscuit on top, then repeat.
- Pipe the remaining frosting on the third biscuit and decorate with some fresh strawberries.
- Transfer to the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.