Prep time: 15 mins, plus 5 mins to decorate
Bake time: 30 mins
Flours used: Matthews Cotswold Self Raising Flour
- In a large mixing bowl pour the cream and the oil, add the instant coffee and whisk until the coffee is completely dissolved.
- Add the eggs and sugar and whisk the mixture until nice and fluffy.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a bundt cake tin, previously greased with some butter then covered with a thin layer of flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas4 for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Gently remove the cake from the tin and let it cool down.
- To prepare the icing, chop the chocolate and add it to a small bowl together with the water and instant coffee. Place the bowl on top of a pot of boiling water and gently let the chocolate melt, mixing from time to time.
- Pour the chocolate over the cake.
- Sprinkle some ground almonds and serve.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.