Sticky Toffee Banana Bread
3 large eggs
225g Matthews Cotswold Organic Self Raising Flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 ripen bananas, mashed
100ml vegetable oil
50ml double cream
100g light brown soft sugar
100ml double cream
50g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
1 banana, sliced
Baker: Gabriella Morelli
Makes: 1 loaf cake
Prep time: 20 mins, plus 5 mins for decorating
Bake time: 40 mins
Flours used: Matthews Cotswold Organic Self Raising Flour
- With an electric whisk mix together eggs, oil and sugar for a few mins until nice and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas and cream and mix.
- Fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the mixture in a loaf tin, lined with greaseproof baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C for 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Gently transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
- Make the toffee sauce. Place the sugar, butter and cream in a small saucepan over a low heat and let the sugar dissolve completely, without stirring. Once the sugar is dissolved increase the temperature to medium high, starting to stir more frequently, until the sauce is thickened.
- Let cool cool down a little then pour the toffee sauce over the cake.
- Decorate with banana slices and pecan nuts.