220g Matthews Cotswold organic self raising flour, sifted
120g unsalted butter
50g light brown soft sugar
50g dark brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp milk
Pinch of salt
225g unsalted butter, softened
500g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
3 tbsp milk
12 mini gingerbread man cookies
Baker: Gabriella Morelli
Prep time: 30 min
Bake time: 18-20 mins
Flours used: Matthews Cotswold Organic Self Raising
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas4.
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for 18-20 mins.
- In the meantime make the frosting. With an electric mixer whisk the butter for 5 mins then add half of the icing sugar and beat for few mins. Add the remaining sugar and beat for another 2-3 mins. Now add the milk and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the buttercreams to a piping bag fitted with any noozle of your choice.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.
- Top the cupcakes with the gingerbread man cookies.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.