550 Organic Cotswold plain flour
100g Soft butter
25g Fresh yeast
3.5g crushed cardamom seeds
1 whole egg
10g Ground Cardamom
200g Soft butter
200g Soft light brown sugar
- Warm your milk to finger temperature, add your yeast and 2 tbsp of the sugar and dissolve.
- Weigh out all of the other ingredients and the rest of the sugar, into a standing mixing bowl.
- Add your milk mixture and knead the dough until smooth and it comes from the sides of the bowl
- Do a window test ( this is to check if the gluten strands have developed enough, you do this by stretching a little bit of dough between your fingers to make it as thin as possible, if it breaks and doesn’t stretch then knead the dough for longer, you should be able to see your finger wiggle behind the dough)
- Once the dough is done, leave it to prove for 30 minutes covered with a clean tea towel.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2 cm thickness.
- Spread all of the butter filling on top, roll into a spiral and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- Put the cardamom scrolls on in muffin cases and let proof on a tray for at least 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Brush the cardamom buns with a beaten egg and sprinkle with some demerara sugar or nibbed sugar.
- Bake at 200 degrees until golden brown.
← Older Post Newer Post →