Regen Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
4 Eggs (large)
Beef dripping or vegetable oil
With National Yorkshire Pudding Day just around the corner (on the 11th of February), we thought this might be the perfect time to share this new Regen Yorkie Recipe! Made with our versatile new AP Regen Flour, these puffy and crispy Yorkshire puds will compliment any Sunday roast - as well being a great main event in their own right.
- Baker: Sophie Carey
- Makes: 15 large Yorkshire puddings
- Prep time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hour of resting)
- Bake time: 25 minutes
- Flours used: Matthews Regenerative All Purpose Flour
- With a whisk, beat the eggs and flour together with a pinch of salt until smooth
- Slowly drizzle in the milk while whisking until fully combined and smooth
- Cover and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes, but ideally an hour
- Heat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius and add a teaspoon of either beef dripping or vegetable oil to each hole of a muffin tin and place in the oven while it preheats
- Once the oven has reached the right temperature and the oil in the muffin tins is smoking, quickly remove it from the oven and pour the mixture evenly into each hole - don’t fill each one anymore than two-thirds full. The oil should sizzle when the mixture is poured over it - return the tray to the oven as quickly as possible
- Bake without opening the oven door for 15-20 minutes, then remove when golden brown
- Leave on a wire rack until you’re ready to serve - or these freeze really well for future roast dinners too - if you can manage to save a few for later!