Regenerative Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
For the pastry:
- 400g Matthews Regenerative All
- 200g Salted butter (cold, diced)
- 2-3tbsp Water (cold)
For the filling:
- 2 Salmon fillets (sustainably sourced)
- 1 White onion
- 200g Asparagus (blanched al dente, fresh*/frozen or jarred)
- 100g Comte cheese
- 300g Double cream
- 3 Eggs (large)
- 110g milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Egg (for glazing)
*harvested spring to summer in the UK though can be earlier after mild winter
Another Regenerative recipe from our in-house pro baker, Sophie Carey. Baked with All Purpose Flour made with Regenerative Farming methods, this super Salmon Quiche recipe is a Regenuary modern classic! Soft flaky pastry with our Regen All Purpose Flour is a doddle - try for yourself today!
To make this Quiche truly Regenerative, be sure to look out for other regeneratively farmed produce next time you hit the shops. Regenuary is a great time to give Regenerative eating a go!
- Baker: Sophie Carey
- Makes: 1 large quiche
- Prep time: 50 minutes
- Bake time: 45 minutes
- Flours used: Matthews Regenerative All Purpose Flour
- To make the pastry, rub the fat into the flour until the texture is of fine breadcrumbs. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the pastry comes together. Wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes at least
- Poach the salmon fillets in the milk until fully cooked, then leave aside to cool. Do not throw away the milk!
- Dice the onion and sauté until translucent then set aside
- Roll out the pastry and line a tart tin. Prepare the pastry case for blind baking by pricking the pastry case with a fork and line with baking paper and baking beans - and bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and baking beans, then brush the pastry case with eggwash before returning to the oven for 10 further minutes
- In a large jug, combine the cream, egg, milk from the salmon, flaked salmon, grated cheese, and lemon zest - also season with salt and pepper
- Pour this mixture into the pastry case, then lay the asparagus on top in a nice design! Return to the oven for 40 minutes or until the quiche has a gentle wobble in the centre
- Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into slices, serve and enjoy!