Prep time: 30 mins, plus cooling time
Bake time: 20 mins
Flours used: Matthews Cotswold Self Raising
- Steam cook the pumpkin for about 10 mins, then mash it with a fork and let it cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas4.
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for 18-20 mins.
- In the meantime make the frosting. With an electric mixer whisk the butter for 5 mins then add half of the icing sugar and beat for a few mins. Add the remaining sugar and beat for another 2-3 mins. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Divide the buttercream into 2 bowls and add the orange food colouring to one bowl and the black food colouring to the other one, then mix well.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.