Red Velvet Bundt Cake
225g Matthews Cotswold Organic Self Raising Flour, sifted
140g caster sugar
90g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Red food colouring
150g icing sugar
50g cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tbsp milk
Baker: Gabriella Morelli
Prep time: 15 mins, plus 5 mins to decorate
Bake time: 35 mins
Flours used: Matthews Cotswold Organic Self Raising
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs and whisk the mixture until nice and fluffy.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla and cacao and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix with the help of a spatula.
- Add the red food colouring and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine together the vinegar, salt, and bicarbonate of soda then add it to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a bundt cake tin, previously greased with some butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 for 35 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Gently remove the cake from the tin and let it cool down.
- To prepare the icing simply mix together the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and icing sugar.
- Pour over the cake.
- Enjoy !
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.
← Older Post Newer Post →