Marc Elliotts’s clotted cream and blueberry scones
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the clotted cream and mix until the mixture looks like rough breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk, vanilla and the blueberries (reserving 12 blueberries for the topping)
- Mix until there are no dry bits, but don’t overwork the dough.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and briefly shape and pat into a round, about 2.5-3cm deep.
- Push the reserved blueberries into the top of the dough and cut into 8 wedges.
- Sprinkle with a little Demerara sugar and bake for 15-18 minutes until risen and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes