Makes: 1 loaf
Miso Caramel Banana Bread
250g Cotswold Organic Self-Raising Flour
115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, at room temperature
1tsp vanilla extract
2tsp baking powder
3 bananas, mashed
125ml miso caramel plus more for topping
300g buttercream (vanilla or plain)
Handful of fudge chunks, to decorate (optional)
For the miso caramel:
220g light brown sugar
55g salted butter
2 ½ tsp white miso
125ml double cream
- Start by making the miso caramel. Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and put on a medium-high heat.
- Mix constantly until the sugar melts and the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the caramel into a heatproof container and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the banana bread, start by creaming the butter and sugar together using a stand mixer or electric whisk.
- Once well combined, add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- Using a spatula or hand whisk, mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Next, add in the mashed bananas and miso caramel.
- Transfer the batter to a greased loaf tin and bake for 50 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- To decorate, spread across the buttercream, drizzle over more miso caramel and blend. Top with fudge chunks for a touch of chew then slice up and enjoy!