Prep time: 10 mins, plus 30 mins for chilling
Bake time: 1 hour
Flour used: Maizebite
1. Add the butter, flour and salt to a food processor, equipped with blades, and pulse until well combined.
2. Add the icy water, a couple of tablespoons at the time, and mix until if you pinch some crumbly dough, it holds together.
3. Transfer the dough to the work surface, dust with some flour and pat into a ball.
4. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
5. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle some flour on the top of the dough. Roll out the dough to a 28cm x 22cm rectangle, 0.5 mm thick.
6. Place the rolled out dough on to a 24cm x 18cm tray, lined with greaseproof baking paper.
7. Using a fork, poke the dough all around.
8. Cover with some more baking paper and place some baking beans on top of that.
9. Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 for 15 mins.
9. Remove baking beans and baking paper and carry on cooking for 15 mins.
10. Start preparing the filling by whisking the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add the cheese and mix.
11. Fill the pastry with the eggy mixture.
12. Place the asparagus on top.
13. Turn the oven up to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
14. Return to the oven for 30 mins.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.