White Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
200g Matthews Cotswold Maizebite Flour
130g butter, at room temperature
75g caster sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
400g soft cream cheese
200g mascarpone cheese
3 large eggs, separated
180g white chocolate, chopped
120g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Baker: Gabriella Morelli
Prep time: 20 mins, plus chilling time
Bake time: 60 mins
Flour used: Matthews Cotswold Maizebite
- Make the pastry dough, wrap it in cling film and transfer it to the fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Break the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Let the chocolate melt slowly, then remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the cooled white chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks, then add to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in.
- Roll the pastry dough to a 0.6-0 7cm thick circle. Carefully transfer the pastry to a 20 cm round tin, previously greased, then poke the pastry base with a fork.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the pastry base and smooth the surface.
- Bake for about 60 mins or until firm but still with a wobble in the middle.
- Leave to cool before gently removing it from the tin, then chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.