Strawberry and Blueberry Fraisier Cake
100g Cotswold Self Raising Flour
100g caster sugar
3 large egg yolks
50g caster sugar
35g Premium Plain Flour
125ml dairy free milk - soya, oat or almond
125ml dairy free double cream
20g plant based butter
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
The winner of our Fit For A King Competition! Huge thanks to Annie Baldry for this delicious show-stopping recipe! Make's the ideal centrepiece for any Afternoon Tea selection, both at the Coronation and beyond!
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar & margarine in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time & beat well after each addition.
- Add in the self raising flour & a tablespoon of boiling water & start to fold through
- Add in the blueberries & continue to fold through until evenly distributed
- Divide the cake mix into two 6-inch cake tins and spread out
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 22-25 minutes until a skewer in the centre comes out clean. Rest for 5 minutes in the tin & then turn out onto the cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a clean bowl whisk together the egg yolks & caster sugar for the creme patisserie.
- Whisk in the flour to create a smooth paste.
- Add the milk & cream into a saucepan and warm over a medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and whisk continuously over a medium heat until smooth and thick (3-5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat & pass through a sieve into a clean bowl
- Add in the butter and stir until melted.
- Add in the vanilla and stir.
- Cover and pop in the fridge until needed.
- Adjust cake ring to fit cake and cake board. Line cake ring with acetate/baking parchment. Gently lower in the first cake. Using a sharp knife hull and cut the strawberries in half vertically.
- Place the strawberries around the edge of the cake ring with the cut side facing the cake ring. Pour the chilled creme patisserie into the cake ring and encourage up the edges between the strawberries, level of the top.
- Gently lower in the 2nd cake layer and press down. Pop the cake into the fridge to chill overnight
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the fridge, widen the cake ring and gently lift the ring off and over the cake. Dust with icing sugar