Hot Cross Buns
375g Cotswold Churchill Strong White flour
25g Fresh yeast
60g Soft butter
160g Whole Milk
80g mixed dried fruit (soaked in orange juice for 2 hours)
25g mixed peel
1tbsp mixed spice
3 tbsp flour
1. Mix all of the ingredients together besides the dried fruit and mixed peel for 10 minutes on a medium speed until smooth.
2. Drain off the orange juice and give the fruit a good squeeze before adding to the dough.
3. Add all of the fruit and mixed peel to the dough and mix for another 5 minutes
4. Once the dough is done, rest it for 5 minutes
5. Weigh the dough to 50g and roll into balls.
6. Place the dough balls into a tray with some space to grow.
7. Let the dough prove for at least 1.5 hours at room temperature.
8. Once proved, pipe on the cross mixture.
9. Bake the hot crossed buns at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
10. Straight out of the oven brush the buns with warm apricot jam that has been diluted in a little bit of water.
Serve toasted with salted butter.