Chocolate Ganache Banana Bread
- 90g Soft butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 2 whole egg
- 2 large bananas ( overripe, the mushier the better )
- 75g Cotswold Light Spelt Flour
- 75g Cotswold Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g Chocolate chips ( optional )
- Whip the sugar and butter to light and fluffy
- Add one egg at the time (don’t worry if it splits, just add a tablespoon of the flour and it will come together again)
- Add in the bananas and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour being careful not to over mix.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, you can fold them in now.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and floured baking tin.
- Bake the cake at 170 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- 100g Whipping cream
- 90g Dark chocolate
- 25g Butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Bring the cream and salt to steaming, do not boil it
- Add the cream to the chocolate in three inclusions making sure it is all incorporated every time more cream is added.
- Add the butter, in little bits.
- Mix until smooth and glossy ( if it splits, don’t worry, just blend it slightly with a hand blender or in a blender just be careful not to incorporate too much air.)
- Let set in the fridge for about 1 hour until thick before using
Decorate the Banana cake with the ganache on top and serve.