Halloween Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
500g Matthews Cotswold Churchill White Flour
5g fast action dried yeast
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Prep time: 25 mins, plus cooling and proving time
Bake time: 15-20 mins
Flour used: Matthews Cotswold Churchill White
- Wash, peel and dice the pumpkin.
- Steam cook the pumpkin for about 10 mins until soft.
- Puree the pumpkin until smooth and let cool down a bit.
- Add the yeast, honey, oil and water to the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook and mix.
- Add the pumpkin, flour and salt and knead for 5 mins.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Get the dough out onto a floured surface and divide into 18 balls.
- Take a long piece of string and find the halfway point. Place the halfway point on top of the ball and flip the whole thing over. Pull the two pieces of string together and cross them over to create a cross on the bottom of the ball. Flip it over again and do the same thing until the ball is divided into 8 equal pieces. Tie the string at the top and cut off any excess.
- Cover the rolls with a tea towel and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Let cool down the rolls before removing the string.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.