Prep time: 10 mins , plus proving time
Bake time: 20-25 mins
Flours used: Heritage Fifield Light, Churchill White
- Add milk, yeast, butter and sugar into the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add flour, egg and salt and knead for 5 mins.
- Leave to prove for a few hours, until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle of 45 x 25 cm. Spread the butter and sprinkle some garlic granules and thyme leaves.
- Roll the dough up along the long side. Cut 15 slices. With your hands turn each slice into a ball.
- Lay them on a baking tray, covered with greaseproof baking paper.
- Leave to rise for 30-45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 4.
- Brush the buns with some milk and bake for about 20-25 mins.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.