Makes 4 Dough Balls (10” pizzas)
Dishoom Bacon Naan Pizza
360 ml cold water
600g 00 flour
0.7g fresh yeast
25g fine sea salt
*Note if your scales can’t measure this accurately, use 1g yeast and change step 4 to 12 hours
Small bunch of Coriander
Smoked Streaky Bacon
Tomato Chilli Jam (room temperature)
1 Free Range Duck Egg
Make the dough
- In a stand mixer add the salt and water and half the flour and start the mixer on low speed. After a minute add the yeast and the remaining flour. When the dough comes together as a single ball, remove and place on the worktop.
- Cover with a clean, damp tea towel and leave for 30 minutes.
- Knead vigorously for 5 minutes, stretching and folding the dough as you go until you have a nice and smooth ball.
- Place in an airtight container and leave at room temperature for 18 hours.
- Remove the ball and divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Form tight balls by tucking the sides underneath and pinching the base to seal.
- Leave in airtight containers, or a dough tray for a further 6 hours.
Prepare the ingredients
- Lay 5 pieces of bacon on a baking tray and bake in an oven at 180C for approx 5 mins, or until barely coloured.
- Shortly before cooking the pizza, shallow fry the duck egg until the edges are crisp, but keep the yolk runny. (Maybe get someone else to do this for you while you bake the pizza!)
- Take a dough ball and place into a pile of flour and coat well on both sides. Stretch out to a 10” disc by hand, leaving 1-2cm round the edge untouched – this will form the crust when baked.
- Top with some torn chunks of mozzarella and the parcooked bacon strips, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a pizza oven for 60-90 seconds at 450C.
- Once removed, spoon dollops of chilli jam onto the pizza and scatter with fresh coriander and green chillies. Finally top with the fried duck egg.
- Roll up and slice in half, straight through the yolk. EAT & ENJOY.
Thank you to the Pizza Pilot for this amazing recipe! If you’d like to see more, please visit the Pizza Pilot website.
← Older Post Newer Post →