No-knead overnight Purple Potatoes and Jerusalem Artichokes Focaccia
450 g mashed purple potatoes
300 g Canadian bread flour
300 g 00 flour
2 tsp fast action yeast - if very cold, adjust by adding an extra ¼ tsp
15 g fine sea salt
1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
535 g lukewarm water - make sure to weigh more than using a measuring jug
You may not need all of the water, depending on how hydrated the dough will be
20 g olive oil - plus more for greasing a shaping
For the topping:
2 cloves of garlic - crushed
Fresh thyme - leaves picked
3 Jerusalem artichokes - thinly sliced
Sea salt flakes
Baker: Sofia Gallo - In Cucina con Sofia
Makes: 1 Large focaccia - 39.2 x 26.7 x H2.5 cm oven tray
Prep time: 15 min
Flours used: Canadian and 00 flour
- In a bowl, place your dry ingredients, but your salt, and mix them together.
- Add the purple potato and start pouring the water and oil. Mix with a wooden spoon and reach a very wet and sticky mixture. Add your salt just before completing incorporating all the flour.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes to activate, and then create 4 folds, using a spatula or your hands covered in olive oil.
- Cover in cling film and place in the fridge overnight on the top shelf.
- The following day, take the dough out of the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Once this is ready, prepare your oven tray by distributing a layer of olive oil at the bottom.
- With the help of gravity, let the focaccia dough drop in the oven tray, fold on itself and cover in cling film again, letting rest and proof for a second time. Depending on the temperature, this will expand to the corners of the tray in approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- Once ready, add your crushed garlic to more olive oil, place the jerusalem artichoke slices, and top with thyme leaves, the oil with garlic and the sea salt flakes. Splash some water over the top and bake for 25 min in a preheated oven at 200 C / Gas mark 7.
Thank you so much to Sofia Gallo - In Cucina con Sofia for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.
← Older Post Newer Post →