Baker: Sofia Gallo - In Cucina con Sofia
- In a bowl, place your dry ingredients, but your salt, and mix them together.
- Add the purple potato and start pouring the water and oil. Mix with a wooden spoon and reach a very wet and sticky mixture. Add your salt just before completing incorporating all the flour.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes to activate, and then create 4 folds, using a spatula or your hands covered in olive oil.
- Cover in cling film and place in the fridge overnight on the top shelf.
- The following day, take the dough out of the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Once this is ready, prepare your oven tray by distributing a layer of olive oil at the bottom.
- With the help of gravity, let the focaccia dough drop in the oven tray, fold on itself and cover in cling film again, letting rest and proof for a second time. Depending on the temperature, this will expand to the corners of the tray in approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- Once ready, add your crushed garlic to more olive oil, place the jerusalem artichoke slices, and top with thyme leaves, the oil with garlic and the sea salt flakes. Splash some water over the top and bake for 25 min in a preheated oven at 200 C / Gas mark 7.