Chorizo and Cheddar Rolls
425g Matthews Cotswold Heritage Fifield Light Flour
275ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1&1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of fast-action dried yeast
100g chorizo, chopped
50g cheddar cheese, grated
3-4 tablespoons of milk
Prep time: 10 mins , plus proving time
Bake time: 16-18 mins
Flour used: Matthews Cotswold Heritage Fifield Light
- Add the yeast, sugar, oil and water to the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook and mix.
- Add the flour and the salt and knead for 5 mins.
- Leave to prove for a few hours, until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls.
- Shape each ball into the desired shape.
- Lay them on a baking tray, covered with greaseproof baking paper.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Brush the buns with some milk and bake for about 16-18 mins until golden.
Thank you so much to Gabriella Morelli @bebbasrecipes_and_ph for providing this recipe. If you’d like to see more, please visit their Instagram page.